Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What makes a good documentary?

I think that a good documentary can be based on different types of topics. I think that a topic can be very hard to choose, but whatever it is it can be fun. I use to think that every documentary was boring because it would always be someone talking about one thing and something about history. I think that to stop one from being boring they need to have more interaction with different people. I don't think that it should only be one person talking for the whole time. I also think that if more people are having converstaion and acting like themselves it would be a whole lot better. It seems as if some people are more like robots and like they don't have a personality.

I have seen some documentaries since we have started this project, and yes, I have seen some boring documentaries but I have understood the different types so I don't look at them so boring now. I now see that some have to be straight forward and some can be fun. On the technical point I think that if the camera moves around and does some cut aways it would make people more interested. So what I'm trying to say if we are making the documentary and someone is talking about flowers we shold have the person on camera but then in the middles of maybe one of their sentences cut away and show some of the flowers that they were talking about. That would make the viewer visualize and understand more of what the person is talking about.

The documentary that I saw this week a documentary called Art:21 about the artist Pepon Osorio. He is a contemporary artist. Even though the documentary was someone talking I enjoyed it alot. I think that it was good because it showed more of Pepon's artwork rather then him talking. Also another aspect that I really enjoyed about the movie was that I could see all the different people engaging in his work. It made me really want to see what they were looking at.

So yes, I have learned about documentaries and that I have to be more open to the different topics. But best believe our documentary is not going to be crazy because Zoe is crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home